Cutlass Trilogy

Friday, July 5, 2013

Flavorful Fridays: Quinoa Stirfry

Do you like fried rice? 
I sure do.
But it's not necessarily healthy, so I found this awesome recipe I absolutely LOVE. It's called Quinoa Stirfry. 

First, if you don't know what quinoa is, it's nothing to be afraid of! It's like a seed and it's high in fiber and good in almost anything. Sometimes, I cook 3 dishes in a week with quinoa. 

You can find the recipie HERE

This is what the ingredients look like: 

1 cup pre-rinsed quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth, optional chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup minced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
2 eggs, beaten (omit for vegetarian)
Kosher or sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons lite soy sauce



I use shredded carrots and I also don't like using soy sauce, so I left that out...and on this particular occasion, I wanted some shrimp in this dish as well. This recipe is AMAZING. It tastes just like fried rice without the icky feeling you get in the pit of your stomach after you've eaten a bowl of real fried rice.

Have you tired Quinoa? Do you like it? Or does this just freak you out? 

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with fried rice! Thanks for the recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it, but that looks so good. I wish I hadn't decided to cut back on carbs...maybe just this once...

    ReplyDelete