Cutlass Trilogy

Friday, March 9, 2012

Bloghop: WIP The Movie! + Happy Blog Anniversary...to ME!!!


Here are our requirements:

Cast at least one character from your book, and post a picture of him or her on your blog. 
Post at least one song that would be on the soundtrack.
Follow me and Kyra.
Post your entries on March 9th, hop around and check out people's posts.

So...you all probably know I've already got all my cast planned out. hehe. Since I've told you all about Cove, I'll introduce you to Kiera. :)

Kiera Lee-Reed
Now, the soundtrack:

Well, I'll give you two for fun. These were found with the help of Barbara Kloss who sent me an e-mail one day that said PIRATE MUSIC. lol.
For my pirates:

And for my politicians cause this sounds like them:


Yep. It's my blogger anniversary! It's been a whole year since I decided to do this for real! Things Called Time Machines was my first post. I went from having no followers at all to the wonderful 317 on my right and hopefully many more!

It was hard for me to figure out exactly what to do, and I wish, perhaps I could have been a little more creative, but I decided my blog needed an upgrade. So I asked one of my amazing friends whose art you see all over my blog. It looks something like this:




Amazing, huh?!

You can go HERE to view more of her art. Brittiny has been invaluable to me. She keeps me motivated. Lol. She's so exciting and energized. I met her as my Amazing suite-mate my Sophomore year in school. She came into our room and said, "Can I hang out with you guys? Everything you're talking about sounds so cool!"

And that was the beginning of our relationship! Since then, I've bugged her endlessly for picture of my characters. I thought, "Brittiny could make me an awesome banner for my site" and well, that's exactly what she did!

So, to reveal my Blog Anniversary picture....* drum roll*

Kiera, Barren, Cove and Sara!

I love it! I'm going to be giving my blog a makeover with this as the header! I hope you guys think it's as cool as I do! haha.

Thank you so much Brittiny!

AND! If you want to enter to win a giveaway you can win this awesome book:

Just hop on over to Carrie Bastyr's Blog and enter!

43 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! Love your cast choice and songs! Great art as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and Happy Anniversary! I did the WIP, The Movie, too! So fun! I LOVE your Kiera! And your music! And the art! *um, I guess I should've just said I love it all* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I love the way you said it! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!
    Oh, that girl is pretty!
    And the drawings are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol.
      I couldn't figure out how to spell Blogiversary...I was like should I do blog-o-versary? hahaha.

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogoversary! I love Natalie Portman, and New World Symphony is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read your interview earlier...good job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wowza! those pics rock! And Yay! for blogoversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sketches! I thought of Natalie, too. If only she were a redhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can dye her hair! Lol. She saved her head before!

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary! That's great! Thanks for joining in on our bloghop. :) I love the drawing of all four characters. Your friend did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to find it! :D
      I've got to check out everyone's awesome entries!

      Delete
  9. I love your picks and all the awesome sketches. And I really really really love the map :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices for your character and music! The drawings are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogoversary!!! Those sketches are amazing! Haven't heard either of the songs before, going to listen to them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I was so happy Barbara introduced me to them!

      Delete
  12. Happy...bloggivversssarrrrryyyy! :D

    Anyway the WIP movie sounds like a fun idea. I have a full soundtrack that I listen to when I'm writing, so I can't really pick out just one song. I'd like to think of my current WIP as more of an animated series than a movie, though.

    One day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adelle! I miss you!!!!
      That's awesome! I wanted to do that, actually. And that's even cooler!

      Delete
    2. This might be a stretch, but does Brittiny animate? 'Cause that would be wicked amazing if she could even make a book trailer for you, haha.

      (And I could offer my services as...you know, a voice actor...heh...*snicker snort mumble*)

      Delete
    3. She has! I bet she could do something awesome! It'd have to be a Summer project because she's busy with school, but that's an awesome idea!

      I'll have to suggest this to her. lol.

      Delete
  13. Happy Blogoversary! I love your pictures, music, artwork, and the map! Now I might have to participate in WIP the Movie! Fingers crossed you get Fever too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! LOL. I hope so!! I entered! lol. I'd love to have both, I hate finishing a book and having to wait for the sequel. LOL. If I don't, I'll just go search for it at the bookstore!

      Delete
  14. Your sketches are amazing! And I love Natalie as your choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My friend Brittiny is an amazing artist!

      Delete
  15. what a day! beautiful movie choices and i loved those pics when i first saw them!

    happy B-versary and may you be published nye the next!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! lol. I hope so!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  16. Happy Blogoversary!!! Those sketches are amazing!

    P.S. I tagged you http://blog.carriebastyr.com/2012/03/awarded-tagged-and-challenged.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Happy Blogaversary! And the art is awesome, as is your casting. :) Sounds like something I'd love to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure hope so! :D It's easy for me to do things like this because I've ALWAYS seen my book as a movie, even in my head. lol.

      Delete
  18. COOL!!! I LOVE the makeover! And Happy Anniversary!!! Oh, congratulatyions on a very cool and rocking interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I do, too! And thanks about the interview! I was so very excited about it!

      Delete
  19. That blog banner is lovely! Your friend truly is talented.
    Enjoyed your soundtrack, I love those sorts of mood pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't she?! I hope she uses her talent to the fullest, because she's amazing!

      Delete
  20. Wow such great pics!! Love the look of your story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary! And what a great interview and pics -- your post is a feast! Excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH WOW! I love it! What an amazing cast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy blogiversary! I love the new banner.

    Also, I enjoyed the music. I like classical pieces.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary. Excellent cast choice for Kiera. And Oh my god, the art! I love it. Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete